Nick and Dilly,

I suggest that certain kinds of 'good' in the sense of morally right can and have been shown scientifically to impact academic performance in HE, namely the use of compassionate  micro skills in group work. This is why these demontrable, micro skills of compassion,  (demonstrated here for few minutes:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jFVTCuSCOg )

are now credit-baring on degrees in different schools in the University of Hertfordshire.  The film explains the statistical evidence of their contribution to enhancing academic performance, particularly for BME students.  We have worked with the Royal Veterinary College and the University of Edinburgh to analyse these reults and I would love to see this contribute to the revolution.  Absolutely.

Please, please  see the film.  Even if only for the first one minute.

All good wishes

Theo

Dr Theo Gilbert, SFHEA

Senior Lecturer, CAE; Academic Skills Tutor

School of Humanities

University of Hertfordshire

de Havilland Campus Room R323

College Lane Campus Room 1B152