Absolutely agree that we should be talking about this. I just wrote a post for the HEA blog on a similar theme - asking whether we should talk not about 'teaching excellence' but 'good education' (published today):

https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/individuals/strategic-priorities/teaching-excellence-for-student-success

Prof Dilly Fung PFHEA FRSA
Professor of Higher Education Development
Academic Director
Arena Centre for Research-based Education
University College London
@DevonDilly

PA: Sonale Karadia
Tel: 0203 108 6463 (ext 56463)
10th floor, 1-19 Torrington Place<x-apple-data-detectors://5/2>
London <x-apple-data-detectors://5/2>
WC1E 7HB<x-apple-data-detectors://5/2>