From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Aline Germain-Rutherford
Sent: 19 December 2017 23:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Blended learning in presentation of Online Distance Learning courses to undergraduates

Hello Margaret

At the University of Ottawa we started in 2013 a University wide initiative to develop Blended learning courses and to train faculty to design  and develop blended learning courses, with the goal of having 20% of all our courses (which means approximately 1000 courses) in a blended learning mode by 2020. You can read a preliminary report on this initiative on this website, as well as several resources that we have developed on the same website (menu on the left under Blended learning). Check also, in that menu, the Blended Tool box.

https://tlss.uottawa.ca/site/blended-initiative

Of particular note, in the Blended Tool box (left menu)  the Blended-course-design, a tool we developed to help the faculty on each step of a blended course development (click on each bubble to discover tools),

https://tlss.uottawa.ca/site/blended-course-design

and the Blended Learning Course Quality Rubric, a rubric we have developed to guide faculty at every stage of the course development

http://tlss.uottawa.ca/site/files/docs/TLSS/blended_funding/2017/TLSSQARubric.pdf

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Aline

Aline Germain-Rutherford, Ph.D.

National 3M Teaching Fellow

Vice-rectrice associée | Associate Vice-President

Service d'appui à l'enseignement et à l'apprentissage (SAEA) | Teaching and Learning Support Service (TLSS)

Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa

613-562-5800 (2495)