From: Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Daureen Nesdill <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 09 January 2018 17:22:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Electronic lab notebooks - can you help?

Hi

Great work – we really need this.

Read your Guidance page and saw you left out REDCap which was specifically developed for clinical studies and is probably the most successful ELN out there. https://projectredcap.org/ .

Also, you do not mention IT security. Before implementing an ELN, the institutions IT security office should be contacted.

I’m writing a paper on the issues we found here at the U of Utah with deploying an ELN institution-wide – LabArchives. The issues would be relevant to any/most ELNs. I’ll add it to the discussion forum when ready.

Daureen

Daureen Nesdill, MS, MLIS

Research Data Management Librarian

The Faculty Center @ the Marriott Library