Hi Rebecca,

my very naive response, having never conducted a process evaluation and being only just over a year's worth of part-time PhD into realist evaluation, would be the answer is partly in the question. Is a process evaluation not an evaluation of whether a process has been implemented correctly/successfully or not? This would not have to consider outcomes as they may be contingent upon some other parameter. The focus instead is along the lines of "have the constituent components of this programme been implemented as the programme developers stipulated/intended".

Thanks for the interesting question and look forward to being shot down in flames for my ineptitude and naivety ;-)

best regards,

Craig Chambers
Part-time PhD, full time physio