Hi folks

Have used Lego Serious Play for a realist synthesis of workforce planning tools that’s just being reported.

It’s quite an inclusive approach (everyone builds and describes a programme / intervention etc.) and accessible. People are encouraged to talk about their models rather than their view - helpful for those more reticent in a group setting. Depending on your approach, you can build a ‘shared model’ of a programme / intervention etc., and the activities towards this surface can also divergent opinions. Depending on how much time you have, and how creative you want people to be, then the Lego can surface connections between things in a model (in our case the workforce planning technology and its system) are related. It’s nothing like the red bricks, windows and doors that I grew up with.

The key challenge is time - a minimum of 1 day for a shared model of a programme. I’ve never advertised the methodology until everyone’s in the room! It might not be for everyone, but we’ve never had anyone walk out, and people do seem to enjoy some childhood memories. I’ve used with service users, clinicians, managers and leaders.

Happy for people to contact me for further information.

BW
Chris

Yr Athro / Professor Christopher R. Burton

Cadeirydd Ymchwil Nyrsio ac Adfer Noreen Edwards
Pennaeth yr Ysgol, Ysgol Gwyddorau Iechyd
Prifysgol Bangor,
Gwynedd LL57 2EF
Ffôn: +44 (0) 1248 382556 Ffacs: +44 (0) 1248 383114
Skype: christopher.burton20
@chrisburton5

Noreen Edwards Chair of Rehabilitation and Nursing Research
Head of School, School of Healthcare Sciences
Bangor University,
Gwynedd, LL57 2EF
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 382556 Fax: +44 (0) 1248 383114