Dear all

The Edinburgh International Science Festival is currently recruiting for Science Communicators to work for its 2018 Festival in Edinburgh.

Job opportunity: Science Communicator

Pay description: £8.45 per hour

Work location: Edinburgh

About the role:

As a Science Communicator with Edinburgh International Science Festival, you will form part of the team delivering the workshops and activities that make up the Festival’s family programme. High quality science communication is at the heart of what Edinburgh International Science Festival is all about and our Science Communicators are our ambassadors. Festival dates are March 31st – April 15th 2018

About you:

You are a confident presenter with good communication skills, and a quick learner comfortable with scientific information. We are looking for outgoing people who are excellent communicators and who enjoy working with parents and children aged 3-15 years. Previous experience in Science Communication would be beneficial as would experience working in education or learning support, or a background in theatre and performing arts. However, passion is the key and an ability to work hard and retain your sense of humour is essential.

How to apply:

Visit www.sciencefestival.co.uk for a job description.  Or click the link below to visit our dedicated careers portal. Please note that only applications submitted via our careers portal will be considered.

Apply online

The closing date for applications is: 11:59pm, Sunday 11 February 2018

Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 20 – Friday 23 February & Monday 26 February 2018

Many thanks

Darrell

Darrell Williams

Chief Operating Officer

Edinburgh International Science Festival
T: 0131 553 9257

M:07753 248 886
E:

Harbourside House | 110 Commercial Street | Edinburgh | EH6 6NF

Edinburgh International Science Festival is an educational charity dedicated to encouraging people to discover the world around them. Registered Charity no. SC003790.

Our next Festival runs 31 March–15 April 2018 and Generation Science tours Scotland’s primary schools from 29 January–18 May 2018.

Visit sciencefestival.co.uk for news on the Festival, our education programmes and events happening year round.

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)