Dear Mauricio,

You asked,

What would be the core research topics and the pressing research questions we have in the field of design *if any*?

I suggest one key design research focus  that is mostly missing, central to professionalism in design, avoided by design researchers, and its absence compromises design and design resaearch to the core is (drum roll)....

"Being able to predict the outcomes on the world from specific design choices."

Depending on the specific circumstances, this may involve a lot of data or not very much. It might involve causal research or not.

Regards,
Terry

==
Dr Terence Love