agree, Tracie. This is more about preferences (except in the infection risk cases) and responses than ill health being caused by not having your own desk

Anna
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">tracie morris
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] hot desking

I feel I have to comment here....not just on this particular thread but other general work related factors too that I often see OH being used as an avenue to “get what the individual / manager wants” regardless of whether its health related or not. Work is Work. If it’s ergonomically acceptable and workable in a reasonable environment that is not detrimental to health and well being (clearly considering underlying factors such as the mentioned CF which would certainly need to be assessed separately), and the opportunity for regular breaks and management support is there, there’s surely no issue, and people DO have the choice if they wish to continue to engage - or not. They started their jobs in an unfamiliar environment......and as time goes on, people leave, get promoted and move on etc., what happens then? Would this be an issue for those who felt isolated due to these factors? How would this scenario for example be managed? It’s not OH IMO.
Its rather disillusioning with things such as this travelling via OH to be “medicalised”; this needs to be managed by management. It may be prudent that OH have some advisory involvement along with H&S in the transitional process to ensure that all angles from a health perspective are considered, both physical and psychological, in the event of.....i.e., advising on the provision of rising / adjustable desks, personal portable head sets and other provided equipment, access to anti bac wipes / spray, ergonomic self assessments (to identify any individual needs), management mentoring and regular 121’s particularly for the more vulnerable....all of this, but also a firm stance from the business as if this is the employers decision and it’s not harmful in any way, it is as it is.

Tracie Mckelvie
Mob: 07975 924205