Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce our Spring Research Seminar Series. These seminars are open to students, museum professionals and academics with an interest in research relating to material culture and museums. Feel free to bring a packed lunch to eat during the seminar.

The series starts on 16 January and runs through until 24 April. All seminars are between 13:00–14:00 in the Dana Study or Studio, Dana Research Centre and Library, 165 Queen’s Gate, London SW7 5HD.

We look forward to seeing you!

Convenors: Bergit Arends and Oliver Carpenter

Ø  30 January: Matt Kimberley, ‘Zooniverse, crowdsourcing and heritage collections’ (Science Museum) – Dana Study 13.00-14.00

Ø  27 March: Rupert Cole, ‘”Everybody needs good neighbours”: Eric Laithwaite and the Science Museum’, (Science Museum) – Dana Study 13.00-14.00

Ø  10 April: Geoffrey Belknapp, ‘The Print after Photography – Talbot and the Invention of the Photographic Print’ (National Science and Media Museum) – Dana Study 13.00-14.00

Ø  24 April: Ken Arnold, ‘Incurable Curiosity: Curating between Medicine, Life and Art’; and Danielle Olsen, ‘Contagious Cities’, (Wellcome) – Dana Studio 13:00-14:00

Oliver

Dr Oliver Carpenter I Curator of Infrastructure & Built Environment

* Science Museum, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2DD
( +44 (0) 20 7942 4521

T: @olivercarpenter

For updates on all Science Museum news and events sign up to our free e-newsletter at www.sciencemuseum.org.uk

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the Science Museum Group. Please note that any information sent, received or held by Science Museum Group may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.