Marco, I guess you've checked Caroline Walker Bynum's work, always
extravagantly documented. E.g.,
    “The Blood of Christ in the Later Middle Ages.” *Church History* 71
(2002): 685–714;

and her book *Wonderful Blood* with its huge bibliography:
    http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/14270.html

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3267 4804  |  mobile: 044 882 4996