Call for Masters applications:

MA Media, Gender, and Social Justice at the University of Leicester

Our new MA enables students to develop expertise in media and communication roles in social action, justice and change.

About the course

We are pleased to launch our interdisciplinary Master’s course in Media, Gender, and Social Justice.

The first of its kind in the UK, our one-year programme offers students the opportunity to critically examine and practically apply theories, concepts, and approaches related to the use of media and communication for addressing inequalities and engaging in social justice work.

The School of Media, Communication, and Sociology is one of the UK’s leading centres for research and teaching in these fields. Students on this MA will benefit from  the expertise of over 50 members of staff in areas related to media, inclusion, politics, and development, as well as our collaborations  with colleagues in Criminology, Business, History, Politics, and International Relations.

For more information about the course, including entry requirements, please visit our website

About Leicester

The University of Leicester is ideally located in the East Midlands, a well-networked and exciting hub of social, artistic, and political activism. Leicester is widely-known as a welcoming, diverse city, and the University is a socially inclusive institution that celebrates research-led teaching.

Enquiries can be directed to:

Dr Alison Harvey

Programme Director, MA Media, Gender, and Social Justice

School of Media, Communication, and Sociology

University of Leicester

Dr Alison Harvey, SFHEA

Lecturer in Media and Communication

Deputy Research Director, Media Cultures Cluster

Programme Director, MA Media, Gender, and Social Justice

School of Media, Communication and Sociology, University of Leicester, Bankfield House, 132 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 7JA, UK

T: 0116 294 4851

E: [log in to unmask]