Dear all,

I just wanted to forward a message from our team coordinator introducing our project. You can sign up for the newsletter if interested to follow the progress of our work.

MEET PLUGGY!

THE INNOVATIVE SOCIAL PLATFORM FOR CULTURAL HERITAGE

With this mail, we would like to briefly inform you about the European project PLUGGY - the Pluggable Social Platform for Heritage Awareness and Participation - its mission and objectives and invite you to get to know more about its philosophy and the possibilities it offers.

PLUGGY is an EU funded research project that was initiated in December 2016 and is expected to launch, over the next couple of years, an inventive social platform as well as a suite of smartphone apps that will enable individuals, community groups, industry, museums and countries as a whole to bring out, document and share their heritage online and thereby celebrate Europe’s collective heritage.

Cultural heritage is central to the European Agenda for Culture. PLUGGY addresses the need of society to be actively involved in cultural heritage activities not only as an observer but also as a creator and a major influencing factor. Empowering the citizens to upload their own content and curate stories, around topics they feel are important and interesting, will be a powerful tool in order to better understand how individuals are perceiving cultural heritage, what is important to them and how they would like to perceive and experience different forma of cultural expression.

Moreover, it will contribute to the promotion of innovative technologies as a generator of intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth, supporting the digitization of cultural heritage as a strategic aspect of tourism’s promotion and vitality.

Stay tuned with PLUGGY news and impactful developments and create high impact communication partnerships with the project for mutual support, synergies, sharing of best practices and genuine interest in cultural heritage.

PLUGGY comprises a multidisciplinary mixture of 9 partners from 5 European countries, including 4 research institutes and universities - the Institute of Communications and Computer Systems <http://i-sense.iccs.gr/> (ICCS), the Technical University of Košice <http://www.tuke.sk/wps/portal> (TUK), the University of Málaga <http://www.uma.es/> (UMA) and the Imperial College London <http://www.imperial.ac.uk/> (ICL), a network of 10 museums in Greece and Slovakia - the Piraeus Bank Group Cultural Foundation <http://www.piop.gr/> (PIOP) and the East Slovakian Museum <http://www.vsmuzeum.sk/> (ESM), as well as 3 innovative SMEs, specialized in user interaction, creative content and digital arts - Vianet <http://www.vianet.it/>, XTeam <http://www.xteamsoftware.com/> and Clio Muse <https://cliomuseapp.com/>.

We invite you to discover more about PLUGGY in our website www.pluggy-project.eu/ <http://www.pluggy-project.eu/> and to register to our Newsletter, so as to stay up to date with the project’s latest news and activities, as long as with the most engaging news within the field of cultural heritage.

We are looking forward for your ideas and suggestions regarding PLUGGY. Please send your message at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or at PLUGGY’s social networks.

Thank for your attention.

PLUGGY Project

Kind regards,

Veranika