My grateful thanks to everyone who completed the survey, I have now reached the maximum number of replies so the survey has self-closed. I am genuinely amazed at the number of people who made time for this in the run up to the Christmas break.

I will try to do a summary for distribution around the end of April which is my deadline for completion.

Many thanks and a Happy New Year to you all.

Sue Turner

From: TURNER, Susan
Sent: 15 December 2017 17:21
To: 'A general library and information science list for news and discussion.' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Because everyone really wants a survey for Christmas - Higher Education Library Staff Working Life Experience Survey

Yes indeed! Another hopeful soul posting a survey to LIS Link.

Who is the survey for: Higher Education Library Employees, all grades but not IT colleagues if your’s is a merged library and IT service. I include colleagues who work on providing access and maintenance of online library resources but exclude those colleagues whose work is purely focused on managing or administering the university IT infrastructure, networks, non-library systems or hardware. I also exclude e.g., security staff whose role is purely security and who may not be direct employees of the library department/university or HEI.

If you wish to distribute the survey to appropriate colleagues please go ahead as long as the colleagues fit the description above.

Dear Colleagues,

I am researching well-being at work, specifically the interaction of aspects of the organisational environment, what we as individuals bring to that environment and how these things shape our experience of work.

I am surveying staff who are library employees in the broad sense but excluding IT staff. This is because the research literature is different for the two professions even when taking into account that some staff in libraries are heavily involved with online resource provision.

You are invited to complete the survey at the URL below. Please answer the questions freely. It should take no more than 25 minutes to complete. All the information you provide will be treated in strictest confidence. Individual responses will not be provided to any organisations.

The survey will be open from 14th Dec 4pm until the 10th Jan 2018 17.30 pm.

The survey password is Yuletide2017.

https://glos.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/working-life-experience-survey

I hope you will find completing the questionnaire enjoyable, perhaps thought provoking, and thank you for taking the time to help me complete this research.

Happy Christmas and good luck in the New Year.

Sue Turner

Susan Turner

Senior Librarian (Policy & Research)

Library, Technology and Information Service

University of Gloucestershire

Oxstalls Campus

Oxstalls Lane

Gloucester