https://www.jisc.ac.uk/news/free-database-comparison-tool-launched-today-21-nov-2007

http://adat.crl.edu/

From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Maggie Symes <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 07:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help needed: comparing abstracting and indexing services

Dear all,

As part of a resource evaluation process we are looking to analyse the content of some of our abstracting and indexing services offered by 3rd party aggregators  eg. CINAHL, Design and Applied Arts Index, Criminal Justice Abstracts, Sports Discus etc. and both compare the coverage to other indexes within the same discipline areas, identify the significance (or not) of any unique titles, gaps in the coverage and also against our full text sources.

A quick review of the published literature suggests that this is going to be a very time consuming task! Does anyone have a methodology for doing this which they would be willing to share with us? Are there any tools out there which can help us?

Thanks in anticipation

Best wishes

Maggie

20-12-2016 15-17-55

From April 2016, to be eligible for submission to the next REF, all research outputs must have been deposited in Converis within 3 months of acceptance.  For further information, see our Open Access web pages or contact an Information Adviser

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs' Email Security System
on behalf of the University of Brighton. For more information see:
https://staff.brighton.ac.uk/is/computing/Pages/Email/spam.aspx