You would be able to build up a collection for pence as charity shops are packed to the rafters with them. As are supermarkets with huge discounts- making them almost disposable items

The format really is increasingly ‘heritage’ rather like CDs for talking books  - replaced by streaming. There will be copyright issues as well- so I would starting reading guidance for information professionals before progressing

An aging technology and copyright issues - I would need a compelling reason to start  such as  a special collection of foreign language films or obscure documentaries.

Huw

From: Discussion list for APML Librarians and Researchers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacqui Grainger
Sent: 17 January 2018 17:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [APML] DVD loans

Why?

Everyone else is getting rid of them because streaming is more popular.

Best

Jacqui

On 17 Jan 2018 11:37, "Association of Pall Mall Libraries" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all,

A question on behalf of Sheila Markham at the Traveller’s Club:

A member of The Travellers’ Library Committee is interested in having a collection of DVDs available in the Library for members to borrow. As regards the practicalities, do any APML members have any experience of loan arrangements for DVDs?

I’m afraid we don’t have any DVDs in our library but hopefully someone else knows something about this!

Best regards,

Binni

--
Binni Brynolf, Chair

Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: Association of Pall Mall Libraries

Twitter: @APMLibraries