Dear all,

We’ve been asked to circulate the following call, the focus on embodied health and wellbeing may be of particular interest to Health Geographers.

Call for Abstracts: Leisure Studies Association (LSA) Annual Conference 2018

10th – 12th July 2018, University of Bath, UK

Conference theme: Mobilising Change: Creative and Critical Leisure Practices in the Post-Disciplinary Era

Abstract submission process and key dates:

·         Abstracts should be submitted by 1 February 2018

·         Notification of decision will be made by 1 March 2018

·         We welcome abstracts to be submitted either to the conference themes or planned conference sessions. Please see the PDF   attached for information about the themes, sessions and submission guidelines.

·         We are also welcoming poster submissions for the Images of Research competition. Please see poster guidelines attached.

Conference aims:

The Conference Committee invites the submission of abstracts for papers that align with the aims of the conference:

  1. To facilitate critical and creative dialogue that responds to the sociopolitical complexity of leisure practices, formations and organisation in contemporary life.
  2. To invite diverse disciplinary perspectives, methodological and theoretical approaches from within, and beyond the field, to situate the study of leisure within in a post-disciplinary future.

The conference seeks to mobilise critical and creative insights, relationships and collaborations between academics, and also with non-academic participants who have been involved in co-created research (artists, activists, policy makers and professionals).

Conference themes:

Six themes have been identified around leisure problematics, contexts and interrelated matters of concern. These are:

o    Digital and physical cultures

o    Embodied health and well-being

o    Critical pedagogies in public and education spaces

o    Co-creating research - innovative methodologies

o    Inequality, power and change

o    Sustainable communities - people and places

Please see our website or contact [log in to unmask] for further inquiries. Follow us on Twitter @lsa_2018

LSA Conference Committee