Hi Anderson,
In our preliminary analysis, I used 4D image of t2-t1 or t3-t1 and radomise analysis. I wonder how different between radomise and palm NPC analysis?
Best regards,
Yawu

Hi Yawu,

Probably the safest approach is to do compute t2-t1 for each subject who has both timepoints, and also t3-t1 for each subject, and do a simple 2-group comparison (as in a two-sample, unpaired t-test) using either MANOVA or NPC, the latter having the advantage of being more powerful and allowing for directional effects. In PALM you'd run as this:

palm -i diff_t2-t1.nii -i diff_t3-t1.nii -d design.mat -t design.con -npc -n 5000 -approx tail -nouncorrected -o myresults -logp

All timepoints would be used. PALM would be invoked as this:

palm -i all_timepoints.nii -d design.mat -t design.con -f design.fts -n 5000 -approx tail -nouncorrected -o myresults -logp

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Anderson