With apologies for cross-posting We’re pleased to announce the launch of the revamped Royal Literary Fund’s Consultant Fellows website: https://rlfconsultants.com/ The site shows what UK Consultant Fellows (CFs) can offer universities. CFs are professional writers – from poets and novelists to journalists and science writers – who are trained to run writing development workshops in universities. They complement the work of university colleagues by bringing commercial and academic experience to focus on the process and ingredients of successful writing. Their aim is to nurture that awareness and writing ability in others. The website also offers insight, inspiration and no-nonsense practical guidance to students and staff through its blogs. To complement the existing Top Tips blog we've introduced the new CFs Share Insights: https://rlfconsultants.com/category/cf-insights/ The website has improved search functions to help you find a specific CF to match your needs. More than 30 CFs work closely with colleagues in some 40 UK and overseas universities to run writing development workshops for staff and students. Workshops are precisely tailored to participants’ needs and run from 90-minutes to a whole day. Some CFs also offer two-day or more on-campus immersives and off-campus retreats, combining group activities with one-to-one feedback. We’re also announcing the release of a new free resource for students developed by Consultant Fellow, Dr Anna Barker, working with colleagues at Teesside University. Alex is an online resource and app to guide students through the process of writing an essay assignment. Its ten steps lead them from interpreting the assignment brief through to polishing the final submission. Students can access it through the website or download the app: https://www.alexessaytool.com/#stepsmenu App Store Google Play CF workshops and other activities, between them, address many needs, including techniques to help undergraduates write better essays, inspiring postgraduates struggling with their theses, supporting academic staff in improving the star-rating of their papers and offering insight, garnered through long experience, on how to use writing time productively. Feel free to make enquiries, without obligation, by contacting me, Trevor Day, or by approaching any Consultant Fellow direct from their one-page entry on the website. We look forward to hearing from you. All good wishes, Trevor Dr Trevor Day Director, Royal Literary Fund Consultant Fellows +44 (0)1985 844822 http://rlfconsultants.com/consultants/trevor-day/ [log in to unmask] _________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe login to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=EATAW You find the 'Unsubscribe' button in the blue 'Options bar'