Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that abstract submissions are now open for the II International Conference of The Latin American Association of Writing Studies in Higher Education and Professional Contexts (ALES). The II ALES 2018 will be held on October 9-11 at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, in Santiago, Chile. We invite writing researchers to submit original research papers in any of the following topics, in English, Spanish or Portuguese, before March 5, 2018:

Writing across the curriculum and in the disciplines
Writing programs, writing centers, and writing institutional policies
Academic genres
Writing and inclusion in Higher Education
Postgraduate writing
Writing research methods
Writing pedagogy
Writing assessment
ICT and digital literacies
Writing in the professions
Writing in teacher education
Writing at the nexus of High School and College

Confirmed plenary Speakers:
Theresa Lillis, The Open University, UK.
Charles Bazerman, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
Bob Broad, Illinois State University, USA.
Désirée Motta Roth, Universidade Federal de Santa María, Brazil.
Alejandra Meneses, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.

For general abstract submission guidelines, please visit our website (http://educacion.uc.cl/ales2018) or contact us at [log in to unmask].

We kindly encourage you to take part in this forum of scholarly interchange among different regions and traditions of writing research in beautiful Santiago, Chile. Please forward this opportunity to your graduate students and any colleagues and Departments that may be interested in our conference. Apologies in advance for any duplicate postings that may result.

Best,

Federico Navarro
Chair, Latin American Association of Writing Studies in Higher Education and Professional Contexts (ALES)
https://www.estudiosdelaescritura.org/home-english.html