Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that abstract submissions are now open for the *II
International Conference of The Latin American Association of Writing
Studies in Higher Education and Professional Contexts (ALES)*. The II ALES
2018 will be held on *October 9-11 at Pontificia Universidad Católica de
Chile, in Santiago, Chile*. We invite writing researchers to submit
original research papers in any of the following topics, in English,
Spanish or Portuguese, before March 5, 2018:

• Writing across the curriculum and in the disciplines
• Writing programs, writing centers, and writing institutional policies
• Academic genres
• Writing and inclusion in Higher Education
• Postgraduate writing
• Writing research methods
• Writing pedagogy
• Writing assessment
• ICT and digital literacies
• Writing in the professions
• Writing in teacher education
• Writing at the nexus of High School and College

*Confirmed plenary Speakers:*
Theresa Lillis, The Open University, UK.
Charles Bazerman, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
Bob Broad, Illinois State University, USA.
Désirée Motta Roth, Universidade Federal de Santa María, Brazil.
Alejandra Meneses, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.

*For general abstract submission guidelines, please visit our website
(http://educacion.uc.cl/ales2018 <http://educacion.uc.cl/ales2018>) or
contact us at [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>.*

We kindly encourage you to take part in this forum of scholarly interchange
among different regions and traditions of writing research in beautiful
Santiago, Chile. Please forward this opportunity to your graduate students
and any colleagues and Departments that may be interested in our
conference. Apologies in advance for any duplicate postings that may result.

Best,

Federico Navarro
Chair, Latin American Association of Writing Studies in Higher Education
and Professional Contexts (ALES)
https://www.estudiosdelaescritura.org/home-english.html