!!!

I am incredibly excited and honored to receive this recognition from SDS
for my work, and in particular, to be recognized alongside Sara and Alyson,
who are both phenomenal and badass scholar-activists. Many folks from SDS
have been enormously supportive in my work over the past few years, and I
cannot thank them enough. There are too many to name everyone (without
inevitably omitting someone), but you know who you are. With your support,
I hope to continue doing great work in the field, and for those with whom I
have not yet had the privilege to share space in person, perhaps we will
one day meet at an SDS conference!

I did want to make two small corrections to the announcement that went out
-- I am of non-binary gender, and identify as genderqueer and often
genderless. I use the gender pronouns in the "they" series (as a singular),
and not she/her pronouns. I also have not yet taught at Lesley due to weird
budget and curricular reasons, though there has been an ongoing discussion
about bringing me there. Maybe later this year!

Thank you again -- this is, I hope, only a beginning.

See you in the struggle,

Lydia
______________
*Lydia X. Z. Brown *
(they/them/theirs)
+1 (202) 618-0187
www.autistichoya.net

*NEW RELEASE* (June 2017): All the Weight of Our Dreams: On Living
Racialized Autism  <https://goo.gl/KACVoq>— first-ever autistic anthology
of racialized and people of color <https://goo.gl/KACVoq>

*If you or someone you know is currently in danger or in crisis*, please
consider reaching out to someone who might be able to help — click for a
list of text message, online chat, videophone, TTY, and phone hotlines
<https://goo.gl/Xifa1C>, including those specific to Deaf, LGBTQ+, and
trans people. *Generally having a hard time*? Try bit.ly/selfcarehelp for a
text-accessible, interactive self-care/executive functioning tool.

*Resist. Stay Ungovernable. Rebel.*