Dear Laura

I smiled to see your question, as I’m thinking about our international agent agreements currently and struggling with this too. One of my basic issues is that all the references to international transfers are about transfer TO the third country, and some of our information flow is inwards or both ways. Solicitors have inserted data controller and data processor clauses in the agent agreements but suggest the MCCs are needed too (both the controller-controller and controller-processor ones), but I don’t feel they properly represent the data flows and are a bit heavy. I too wondered if we could rely on necessary for entering contract, or consent, as these are agreements for introduction of potential students to us by agents.

Kind regards

Anne

University of Lincoln

Dr Anne Jolly | Information Compliance Officer

Secretariat
University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 7TS
tel: +44 (0)1522 886685

staff profile  |  lincoln.ac.uk