Not only is just for Information Society Services, but it is only when they are offered directly to a child. Information about a child collected from an adult is not covered.

I think one of the problems we are all going to have is deciding exactly what is an 'information society service' - the definition not being the easiest to interpret. At the moment we are going on the basis of any online function potentially accessed by a child. As a Scottish LA, that will cover schools' stuff as well as services to young people (but is unlikely to cover special waste collections!).

Donald

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sparks, Alison
Sent: 03 January 2018 13:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Children and GDPR

Ha Ha - didn't notice that. On a serious note does Article 8 ONLY apply to providing Information Society Services to children? We don't do this but collect some basic children's data - name. sex, age etc alongside their Adults' data when they access our Wellbeing Service or our Special Waste Collections (we are a PA) etc.  Do I need to get consent from the child/provide a child friendly privacy notice in these circumstances?

Thanks

Alison

Securing the future... - Improving services - Enhancing quality of
life - Making best use of public resources.

The information in this email is solely for the intended recipients.

If you are not an intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
or distribute its contents or use them in any way: please advise
the sender immediately and delete this email.

Perth & Kinross Council, Culture Perth and Kinross and TACTRAN do not warrant that this email or any attachments are
virus-free and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage
resulting from any virus infection. Perth & Kinross Council may
monitor or examine any emails received by its email system.

The information contained in this email may not be the views of
Perth & Kinross Council,  Culture Perth and Kinross or TACTRAN.
It is possible for email to be falsified and the sender cannot be
held responsible for the integrity of the information contained in it.

Requests to Perth & Kinross Council under the Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act should be directed to the Freedom of
Information Team - email: [log in to unmask]

General enquiries to Perth & Kinross Council should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475000.

General enquiries and requests under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act
to Culture Perth and Kinross should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 444949

General enquiries to TACTRAN should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475775.

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html