Hi Jackie

Some of the German data protection authorities have been casting a critical eye over this sort of thing - see https://www.spiritlegal.com/en/news/details/facebook-custom-audiences-and-data-protection-law.html

Nb the point that the data in question appears to be pseudonymised (not anonymised) as the controller retains the ability to reidentify the individuals. That being the case, data protection law continues to apply, and an appropriate legal basis (most likely consent) needs to be in place to justify the processing.

Best wishes,
Jon Baines,
Chair,
nadpo.co.uk