I agree.  As a trainer, the people I most often find myself arguing with
are marketing people (and that's been true since 2000 when I started
training charities on the DPA).  I do, however, think that in many
organisations marketing people have actually moved further than most on
GDPR preparations, partly (ironically) because of all the scaremongering
nonsense put out in 2015 by a fundraising body that should have known
better.

PS: I'm not putting myself forward for this training gig because my
partner is about to have major heart surgery and I'll be looking after
her for the next month or two while she recuperates.

Best wishes,

Paul

Paul Ticher
22 Stoughton Drive North, Leicester LE5 5UB
0116 273 8191