If Britain were Yemen......never mind the current flu epidemic - we'd have 2 million cholera cases, and 300,000 alone in the city of Newcastle on Tyne.

I've doubled up the figures, since the UK is about 2x the population of Yemen, and N on Tyne is about 2x the size of the worst affected city, the port of Al Hudaydah. But you get the picture.

The unfortunate country of Yemen has seen llittle peace since the Arab Spring of 2011, and as the current stage for a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran is unlikely to see any in the near future,
http://fooddeserts.org/images/000Islam.htm

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
 Director and Senior Research Consultant
Shaw Food Solutions