Thank you so much for circulating these Paul, they are wonderful resources. It made me think that videos and podcasts are such an effective way of sharing teaching materials and developing collective discussion. Really inspiring.

Alison

________________________________
From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of David Fryer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 12 January 2018 10:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Some Community Psychology teaching resources from Paul Duckett (forwarded to the UK CP Discussion list with his agreement)

On Wed, 10 Jan, 2018 at 19:02, Paul Duckett wrote:
Dear Com Psy colleagues,

I have been away for a while. I have been working at Victoria University (Melbourne) since 2012 and have been engaged in work that has kept me more distant from my Com Psy colleagues than I would have wished.
At the end of 2017 Victoria University ran out of money and made a number of positions redundant. One of those positions was mine. This somewhat put a dampener on my Xmas! so I am now trying to reconnect to Com Psy by reconnecting with my old networks.

I also wanted to share some resources with you that I have been developing on YouTube and Sound Cloud over the past couple of years for the teaching I have been involved with in Com Psy and in the History of Psychology. Previously, these were private resources used in class but now I am effectively unemployed, I can now go more fully public with them.

I have listed them below along with their YouTube or SoundCloud links. I am hoping some of you might find some use for these resources. Share the links with anyone who you think might be able to put them to good use. All I ask is if you like the vodcasts and podcasts that you give me a 'thumbs up' and if you use them, you give me non-monetary credit.

Kind thoughts,

Paul

Community Psychology Upstream Story 2017
3D modelling animation – visual metaphor portraying the concept of Prevention and asking what place prevention has in psychology. The metaphor is based on the parable of the physician by McKinlay (1979).
Duration: 2m30s
LINK: https://youtu.be/d8sfjAYi6mI
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d8sfjAYi6mI/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/d8sfjAYi6mI>

Prevention and Psychology Duckett Podcast<https://youtu.be/d8sfjAYi6mI>
youtu.be
A 2 minute video explaining different types of prevention and raising the question of which type should psychology be mostly engaged in. This is a teaching r...

History of Psychology – Psychoanalysis Vodcast, 2017
A lecture vodcast delivered on an undergraduate level 3 unit on the History of Psychology. This lecture looks at the historical context of psychoanalysis linking to research paradigms and the socio-economic contexts.
Duration: 42mins
LINK: https://youtu.be/xBZP0c5vGQg
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xBZP0c5vGQg/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/xBZP0c5vGQg>

APP3036 Lecture 3 podcast v6<https://youtu.be/xBZP0c5vGQg>
youtu.be
The podcast delivered for Lecture 3 of APP3036 History and Theories of Psychology at Victoria University, Australia. This lecture looks at the historical con...

 Psychology Research Paradigms Video Quiz Psychoanalysis vs Behaviourism Vodcast 02017
Example of video quiz used for Level 3 undergraduate students taking a unit of study on the History of Psychology. This quiz contrasts the research paradigms adopted by psychoanalysis and behaviourism.
Duration: 6mins
LINK: https://youtu.be/6WAlm5AGc_Y

History of Psychology Music Video 2017
Music video to introduce level 3 undergraduate students to key content of a unit on the History of Psychology. It is about connecting a History of Psychology to broader political, cultural and economic contexts
Duration: 3mins
LINK: https://youtu.be/e4N0HPGEEgI
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/e4N0HPGEEgI/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/e4N0HPGEEgI>

APP3036 Welcome Video 01<https://youtu.be/e4N0HPGEEgI>
youtu.be
Welcome Video for students on the History and Theories of Psychology unit of study at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. Produced by Paul Duckett, 2016

 History of Psychology Lecture Vodcast 2017
A vodcast of lecture 1 given on a History of Psychology to level 1 undergraduate students.
Duration: 33mins
LINK: https://youtu.be/lLZJRsmRLKQ
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lLZJRsmRLKQ/maxresdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/lLZJRsmRLKQ>

APP1012 History of Psy Lecture 1 2017 v5<https://youtu.be/lLZJRsmRLKQ>
youtu.be
A vodcast of lecture 1 on a History of Psychology delivered by Paul Duckett in the unit APP1012 (Psychology 1A) at Victoria University, Melbourne. in semeste...

 Psychology the Movie ….   2017
A visual metaphor - depiction of a history of psychology that is celebratory – used to contrast with a critical approach to the history of Psychology.
Duration: 50s
LINK: https://youtu.be/kNcB9Gbskvc
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kNcB9Gbskvc/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/kNcB9Gbskvc>

APP3036 Psychology the Movie .... NOT<https://youtu.be/kNcB9Gbskvc>
youtu.be
A depiction of a history of psychology that is celebratory - one that is not characteristic of the history of psychology undertaken in the History and Theori...

Vodcast for conference session 'Up the Community Psychologist' at the Society for Research and Action Conference in Ottawa, Canada, June, 2017.
Duration; 10mins
LINK: https://youtu.be/3NKx0T6CN6k
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3NKx0T6CN6k/maxresdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/3NKx0T6CN6k>

Duckett SCRA 2017 9m40s v3<https://youtu.be/3NKx0T6CN6k>
youtu.be
Conference video presentation made by Paul Duckett for the session 'Up the Community Psychologist' at the Society for Research and Action Conference in Ottaw...

Community Psychology PowerPoint Presentation on Ecological Analysis 2016
PowerPoint presentation used in-class with Level 4 students (Hons) taking a unit of study in community psychology
(no audio).
Duration; 1m 30s
LINK: https://youtu.be/dzuzwa5psfk
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dzuzwa5psfk/maxresdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/dzuzwa5psfk>

APA4015 Week 8 Ecological Perspective PowerPoint<https://youtu.be/dzuzwa5psfk>
youtu.be
PowerPoint Presentation delivered to Honours students in a Community Psychology class at Victoria University

 APA4015 Podcast on Being Critical about Community Psychology 2016
Part 1 of an audio podcast used in a flipped classroom for community psychology students at Level 4 (Hons).
Duration; 26mins
https://soundcloud.com/paul- duckett-836214414/ compsyapa4015<https://soundcloud.com/paul-duckett-836214414/compsyapa4015>

 Audio Podcast on Anger in the Workplace
This is a 15 minute keynote address for the 12th Asia-Pacific Symposium on Emotions in Worklife (APSEW), In this talk I explore mainstream psychological approaches to the management of emotion as applied to the workplace.
Duration: 19 minutes
LINK: https://soundcloud.com/paul- duckett-836214414<https://soundcloud.com/paul-duckett-836214414>

Upstream Story: Community Psychology and Prevention
This is a story that illustrates the concept of Prevention. It was used for teaching on year 4 community psychology subject at an Victoria University, Australia. The story is based on the parable of the physician byMcKinlay (1979).
Duration: 8mins
Warning, this was one of my earliest attempts at podcasting and I set my levels wrong (too much base). I sound a bit like Barry White!
LINK: https://soundcloud.com/paul- duckett-836214414/upstream- story-community-psychology- and-prevention<https://soundcloud.com/paul-duckett-836214414/upstream-story-community-psychology-and-prevention>

Kind thoughts,
Paul

___________________________________ The list is jointly managed by David Fryer [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Grant Jeffrey [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, either of whom are able to deal with queries. To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK