Hi Joshua,

I typically find that 3D classification is reasonably smooth without maxsig
(presumably the presence of a reference gives the particles something to
latch onto a bit easier than in 2D). However when I feel its too slow, we
use something between 500~2000. Within our group we typically do not
recommend going below 500, but anything above 1000 is "very safe" as far as
we are concerned.

Best wishes,
Shintaro

Virus-free.