Hi Peter

No, don't bother scaling in hkl2000.

Just take the .x files and read them into Pointless directly - it should auto-detect the file type and any output reflection file from it will be in MTZ format. Then Aimless can do the scaling.

See the manual, e.g.

https://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry/pre/pointless.html

for details.

You should be able to do this in ccp4i2 as well.

If you use the already merged reflections for reindexing, there's a chance that reflections that are not equivalent will have been merged.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell
Chairman of European Crystallographic Association SIG9 (Crystallographic Computing)