Please see below an opportunity for a postdoctoral fellowship in my lab at
the NIH. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented scientists who will
share our passion for microtubules and the beautiful world of tubulin
diversity.

Antonina

*Postdoctoral Fellowship *

*Cell Biology and Biophysics Unit, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda,
USA*

A postdoctoral fellowship opportunity is available in the Cell Biology and
Biophysics Unit headed by Dr. Antonina Roll-Mecak to work on structural and
functional studies of tubulin modification enzymes and molecular motors
using a combination of X-ray crystallography, cryo-EM and single molecule
fluorescence microscopy. Research in the Roll-Mecak lab focuses on
deciphering the tubulin code ie how tubulin posttranslational modifications
tune microtubule functions (see for instance Garnham et al., *Cell* 2015,
Valenstein et al., *Cell* 2016, Vemu et al., *JBC* 2016; Zehr et al *Nature
Struct & Molec Biology *2017).  For more information about the lab please
visit: https://neuroscience.nih.gov/ninds/rm_lab/

I am looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated Ph.D. graduates with a strong
publication record and expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, X-ray
crystallography or electron microscopy who will welcome working in an
interdisciplinary group with a supportive atmosphere and excellent
resources. The Washingon DC area is a great place to live with great access
to cultural and outdoor activities. Experience with assembly of protein
complexes or structure determination by crystallographic methods or EM is a
must. The successful applicant will be awarded a NINDS Intramural
Fellowship.  Please send a CV, a one-page research experience summary and
contact information of three references to [log in to unmask]  Please
write “Fellow - tubulin code” in the subject header.

--

Antonina Roll-Mecak

Senior Investigator and Chief

Cell Biology and Biophysics Unit

Porter Neuroscience Research Center

NINDS and NHLBI

National Institutes of Health

Administrative contact: Karen Kendrick; Ph: 301-451-9223 <(301)%20451-9223>;
Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Lab website: https://neuroscience.nih.gov/ninds/RM_Lab/