I mean, there's more I could try and say; it seems like Baraka wears his influences well

"now /. the rain pounds dead grass / in the stone yard" seems (to me) to borrow from Olson, punĀ  on 'Pound', then (maybe) draw from black modernist concision, then offering more expansiveness. This snippet could be somewhat ruined by its context in the rest of the poem, though e.g. his antisemitism or misogyny always seem too conflicted to damn him in individual phrases.

My friend is always quoting a line from The Largest Ocean in the World "And how the social doth pain the anchorite". Not sure if he finds it that funny or is just trying to improve my vocabulary. And Black Dada Nihilismus.

There's a lot of book length studies on him...

Cheers,
Luke