>> lyric subjectivity is in fact mediated by the market. But is also
quietly unhappy with its commercialized society.

He also seems to talk about being *consoled* by the language of lyric
poetry. So I guess you have an alienated subjectivity that has its
unhappiness about it mitigated (ironically I think, perhaps because it
shows up our insignificance).

I couldn't get past the repetition. Doesn't make the essay seem vacuous,
just directionless etc..

Sorry,
Luke