I recall I had just come out of hospital, and had sat a 2nd year philosophy exam. I was confused by the grade I was getting, so went to see my tutor, trying to argue my case. I think I was being quite generous, I mean half way through you just end up, he said. I interrupted him and suggested he read it again. Instead of that, I got a few seconds education in graduate physics. My jaw dropped three times, and I asked to leave.
Really, that is the minimum I would want from academics.
All the best,
Luke

On 10 January 2018 at 12:21, Jamie McKendrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
& that my earnest attempts to recommend poets should fail is ‘strangely unsurprising’.
I love it. The kiss of death! Henceforth I’ll reserve my recommendations for enemies.