This seems to be created quite a stir in "the poetry world" (now “split”!):
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/23/poetry-world-split-over-polemic-attacking-amateur-work-by-young-female-poets
Apologies if this link has already been posted.

Paterson says,
“If you’ve ever seen Hollie perform, the suggestion that she doesn’t know exactly what she’s doing is pretty funny. You don’t have to like what people do, but I think you measure it against its own ambitions.
but this seems a bit off the mark, as Watts wasn’t responding to the work in performance, but in book form — having been asked to review it.