Yes Michael, the continuing mystery that is Elisabeth Bletsoe. Because she was a close friend I feel a bit guilty talking about her in forums like this but it is a fact that she remains one of the most underrated (or rather 'relatively unknown') poets in the country. She was never prolific and her poetry has always gone hand-in-hand with other interests but nevertheless I think it is true that all those who know her work well rate it really highly and are perplexed by her lack of public success. Shearsman in particular have always supported her work to the full. I could say more on this to do with the different poetry groupings and their prejudices and blind-spots but I would only be inviting more trouble.

Cheers

Tim