Another way of looking at this would be to doubt the objectivity of any of these bipartisan assumptions. Even if the criteria for Tim’s reading site is mainly conditioned by the idea that ‘a’ is ‘a’ because it is not ‘b’, it would be a mistake to assume most people who read and enjoy poetry feel obliged to take any notice of these categories.

Jamie