Naive of me, but anyone can get to grips with the rhythms of a language, right? So, what even is the study of verse rhythm besides reading verse?
Luke

On 10 January 2018 at 18:08, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have no idea if those are ironic quotes! If so, yes, I'd be fascinated to hear what Pound's conclusions were on the nature of "regular" rhythm.
Cheers,
Luke

On 10 January 2018 at 17:59, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> need a lot more context to be made sense of

I read that chapter in Eagleton's primer!

> we see that he’s advising poets to move away from regular rhythm... mitigated by ‘irregularities’ and ‘inverted feet’.”

Hm, well if I've misunderstood you you're being very obtuse. I guess I'm almost hallucinating!

Thanks Jamie.

Cheers,
Luke