Dear colleagues,

I am writing to let you know about an exciting project which the BLE is leading over the next year. We are developing an online course for students to access before they commence their studies, which will highlight the digital skills they need for a positive and successful learning experience.

We are currently conducting some research regarding staff expectations for students’ digital capabilities (you may be invited to contribute to a very short survey) and are also gathering feedback from current students about their own abilities - when they started their course and what they feel they should have known before they started. The research will inform the shape and content of the course.

A representative from each member of the BLE consortium (Birkbeck, LSHTM, SOAS, RVC, UCL and the University of London) is involved in the project, but if you have anything you would like to contribute, I would be very happy to hear from you.

With very best wishes for a successful 2018,

Sarah

-------------------------
Sarah Sherman
BLE Service Manager