Mosireen launched its Internet “resistance archive,” named 858—the number
of hours of footage the archive contained when it went live. The collection
includes footage shot during the revolution by both members and
non-members  (many of whom choose to remain anonymous*)*. When I spoke with
members of Mosireen, they described the act of assembling their video
archive as a defense of the revolution’s memory against the regime. Members
requested anonymity, as they collectively share credit for their work, and
gave pseudonyms that double as their usernames in the online archive.
“Putting together this archive is a subversive act,” one member who goes by
the name Krypton said. “It’s a way of battling the narrative being put out
by the state to erase history, to have people forget what was possible.”

http://theatln.tc/2BDxrPA
http://theatln.tc/2BDxrPA+

--
Peterk