The January 2018   issue of the International Association of Survey Statisticians (IASS)  newsletter  'The  Survey Statistician'   is now available at:

http://isi-iass.org/home/wp-content/uploads/Survey_Statistician_January_2018.pdf

See:

http://isi-iass.org/home/services/the-survey-statistician/

for previous issues of the newsletter.

This issue carries some important announcements and updates from the IASS President Peter Lynn  and Scientific Secretary Risto Lehtonen.

Besides our regular features of  country reports on activities related to survey statistics, Table of Contents of relevant  journals and announcements for upcoming conferences, we also have special articles in each issue under the headings:   'New and Emerging Methods', 'Ask the Expert 'and 'Book/Software Review' .

The current issue contains the following:

New and Emerging Methods:   Alina Matei (University of Neuchatel) contributed an article titled: ‘On Some Reweighting Schemes for Non-ignorable Unit Nonresponse.’

- The Ask the Experts section  provides a response by Ken Copeland (NORC, University of Chicago) to the question: 'How do Establishment Surveys Differ from Household

Surveys?'.

- Book  Review:  Brady West (University of Michigan) has reviewed the book:  Adaptive Survey Design by B. Schouten, A. Peytchev and J. Wagner published by Chapman and Hall/CRC  (2017).

We thank all of the section editors and contributors to the newsletter.

To become a member of the International Association of Survey Statisticians (IASS), you can fill out an application form at:

http://isi-iass.org/home/about/join-iass/

or contact Margaret de Ruiter-Molloy at the International Statistical Institute at:  [log in to unmask]   .

Natalie Shlomo and Eric Rancourt

Editors, The Survey Statistician

SIGNOFF allstat