The Core Facility Statistical Consulting at the Helmholtz Zentrum
München supports scientists with respect to statistical aspects of their
research. In order to extend our current service offer we are looking
for two

*Statistical Consultants (m/w) in full or part time*

Job Description:
- Designing and teaching statistics courses at different levels
(beginner, intermediate, ...)
- Management of requests for statistical advice
- Communication with customers on organizational and technical level
- Assessment of requests for effort and difficulty
- Conducting statistical consultation
- Writing statistical reports for applications for experiment proposals

Your Qualifications:
- Studies (preferably with PhD degree) of mathematics, statistics,
bioinformatics, epidemiology or related subjects
- Very good knowledge in statistics and, ideally, bioinformatics; esp.
in hypothesis testing, power analysis, experimental design, regression,
statistical software, functional data analysis, ideally, analysis of NGS
/ RNA data
- Teaching experience, ideally in statistics and statistical software
- Experience / talent in organizational tasks
- Experience of working with life scientists
- Ideally experience in writing statistical reports for animal
experiment proposals
- Very good language skills in spoken and written English and German

Our Offer:
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with
leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention
and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung
diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional
development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and
career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and
private life with flexible working time models, occupational health
management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder
Care, as well as other counseling and support services.

Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective
agreement for the public service (EG 13 TV EntgO Bund).

The two positions are (initially) limited to two years. The starting
date is flexible within the next few months.

The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own
scientific skills.

As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of
opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management
positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications.
Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.

We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.

Apply here:
https://fragebogen.candibase.de/helmholtz/mainform.php?param=caeb38979045af212303fb793a1fb7be&&lang=en

More information:
Prof. Dr. Christiane Fuchs
Tel: +49 89 3187-3385

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute of Computational Biology
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg bei München

Link to job posting:
https://bms.candibase.de/atool/helmholtz/frontend.php?view=caeb38979045af212303fb793a1fb7be&lang=en

--
Prof. Dr. Christiane Fuchs

Data Science Group
Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
Bielefeld University
Postfach 100131, 33501 Bielefeld

Biostatistics Group
Institute of Computational Biology
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1, 85764 Neuherberg

Tel: +49 89 3187 3385
Home: www.hmgu.de/icb/fuchs
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 12vi 9521671

SIGNOFF allstat