Warwick R User Group will have its first meeting of the new year next week on Wednesday 17 January at the University of Warwick. This session is open to all, regardless of R programming experience or statistics background. We will have several short 5–10 minute talks, followed by an informal discussion.

A provisional list of topics:

Rachel Wilkerson — Vim keybindings in Rstudio
Up your text editor game with vim keybindings: what are they? How do I use them? Why should I bother?

Lewis Rendell — S3 classes in R
Introduction to object orientated programming

Kenneth Lim — The highest car prices in the world?
Is Singapore the most expensive place to run a car?

David Selby — Using R on Android
Get R running on your smartphone, with full support for graphics, packages and R Markdown documents. No root/jailbreak required!

***

The event will take place at 18:00 in room OC1.02, the Oculus Building, University of Warwick, Coventry. For full details, visit our Meetup page. No need to register.
https://www.meetup.com/Warwick-useRs/events/246557831/

Warwick R User Group meets regularly for events and talks on R programming and data science related topics. It is open to everybody in the West Midlands interested in using or learning about R (especially non-academics!). For more information, visit https://www.meetup.com/Warwick-useRs or follow @WarwickRUG on Twitter.

Thanks,

David Selby
PhD student
Department of Statistics