Dear colleagues,

We are still looking for the right clinical scientist …………………could it be you?

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/f4b3fecb4c201961f2d581592da052a9/?vac_ref=914937167

The current vacancy is full-time, however, we welcome applicants interested in working part-time time as the rest of the team can adjust their hours to accommodate.

We are searching for a new head of department to lead our committed and friendly blood sciences team at the North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust. An enthusiastic and forward-thinking clinical scientist will complete a

supportive team covering North Cumbria. A candidate with management experience and/or a management qualification will be offered an 8D post. A candidate without management experience and/or a management

qualification will be offered an 8C post initially and be supported to progress to the established 8D post within12 months.

The department was formed in 2012 by merging the Biochemistry and Haematology/ Blood Transfusion laboratories and provides a comprehensive service to a population of 320,000.  The department has full UKAS

ISO 15189 accreditation. There are Roche Cobas systems on both sites, Sunquest ICE order communications and Telepath LIMS.

If you would like an informal discussion about the post or want to visit for a look round please contact Sally or me.

Thanks, Wayne.

Wayne Bradbury

Consultant Biochemist / Head of Blood Sciences,

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust,

Cumberland Infirmary,

CARLISLE, CA2 7HY.

Tel:     01228 814521

Sally Willett

Consultant Biochemist/ Trust Clinical Lead for PoCT

Blood Sciences

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust,

Cumberland Infirmary,

CARLISLE, CA2 7HY.

Tel:     01228 814521

The NCUHT Pathology Handbook can be found here

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/