Dear Lena!

we interpreteded a composite instrument from the late medieval/early
post-medieval castle of Grafendorf/Stockerau (Lower Austria) in this
direction; in this case, a goose (?) radius had been inserted into a
goose ulna, and the tip of the radius was carved, the whole object was
polished outside; following MacGregor, we thought this object to be a
lining pen/aplicator for liquids.

all best wishes

Karl