***Apologies for CrossPosting***

CALL FOR PAPERS

​International Conference

on

Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Marketing: Setting Agendafor Future Research

(STHMCON -2018)

March 15 -17, 2018

 Venue: North-Eastern HillUniversity, Shillong (India)

Conference website: http://www.sthmcon.online

We are delighted to announce that InternationalConference on Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Marketing: Setting Agenda forFuture Research (STHMCON - 2018) will be held from March15 -17, 2018 in Shillong, India.

The International Conference on Sustainable Tourism andHospitality Marketing: Setting Agenda for Future Research (STHMCON - 2018) will offera platform to academicians, research scholars, policy makers, industrypractitioners and the budding tourism / hospitality professionals to exchangeviews, discussion and presentation of research findings relating to thesustainable marketing of tourism / hospitality products / services in generaland North - East India Tourism in particular. Therefore, the STHMCON willserve as forum for everyone - entrepreneurs, operators, institutions andconsumers – who are concerned with tourism and to ensure that the tourismsector not only continues to develop, but it should be in harmony with eachlocal environment and culture. The sustainability approach adopts aholistic, integrated view of marketing, considering social equity,environmental protection, and economic liveability.

The conference invites conceptual, empirical and methodologicalresearch papers and presentations expected to address both theoretical,methodological and practical aspects of sustainable tourism and hospitalitymarketing. Further details of the conference can be found at http://www.sthmcon.online
Conference Topics

The organizing committee welcomes  papers on,but not limited to, the following themes/topics within the domain of sustainablehospitality and tourism marketing:

|  -   Marketing for hospitality and tourism products

 -   Innovative marketing strategies

 -   Transforming visitor experience through marketing

 -   Marketing through destinations and events

 -   Information systems and Marketing

 -   Marketing of tourism and hospitality education

 -   Sustainable / Green / Renewable marketing

 -   Consumer Behavior

 -   Decision making, experience and satisfaction

 -   Service excellence and service quality

 -   Food service marketing and management

 -   Emerging technologies, social media and e tourism

 -   Marketing for special interest tourism products

 -   Marketing strategies of  third world and developing nations

  |  -   Cases on successful marketing practices

 -   Social  and Ethical concerns of marketing

 -   Future trends in the hospitality and tourism marketing

 -   Food Service/ Culinary marketing

 -   Services branding

 -   Special interest tourism marketing and management

 -   Customer Relationship Management

 -   Human resource strategies and operations

 -   Small and medium sized enterprises

 -   GIS applications in tourism

 -   International issues and cross-cultural research

 -   Niche tourism

 -   Entrepreneurship

 -   International issues and cross-cultural research

 -   Customer retention and loyalty

 -   Indigenous tourism marketing  |

Key Confirmed Speakers:

1. Prof. John Tribe, Professor ofTourism, University of Surrey, UK.

2.  Prof. Dr. Jennifer Kim Lian Chan, Director -Borneo Tourism Research Centre,    Faculty ofBusiness, Economics and Accountancy,  Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malyasia

3. Dr Ian Patterson, TourismCluster (Retired), UQ School of Business, University of Queensland, St Lucia4072 Queensland, AUSTRALIA.

4. Prof. S.P. Bansal, Vice-Chancellor,Indira Gandhi Haryana State University, Meerpur, Rewari, Haryana (India) & ViceChancellor ( additional charge), BPS Mahila University(Haryana StateUniversity), Sonepat, Haryana (India).

5. Prof. Manoj Dixit, Vice-Chancellor,Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University
Faizabad (UP), India.

6. Prof. Sandeep Kulshreshtha,Director, Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (An Autonomous Bodyunder Ministry of Tourism, Government of India), Govindpuri, Gwalior (M.P),India.

7. Prof. S. C. Bagri, Dean andDirector, CMTHS, HNBGU, Srinagar, Garhwal (Uttarakhand.)

8. Prof. Manjula Chaudhary, Dean,University School of Management,  Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra,India.

Submission Guidelines

Expressions of interest and abstracts of up to 500 words should besubmitted on or before  December15, 2017 at the link provided in the conference website (https://sites.google.com/site/sthmcon/abstract-invitation) or at [log in to unmask] Abstracts should include author(s) names, affiliations andcontact details.

Publication Opportunities

All submitted papers will follow review process and will beaccepted and published in the conferenceproceedings (with ISBN). Participants can publish full paper or abstractsin the conference proceedings. STHMCON - 2018 has also teamed up with the Taylor and FrancisGroup's Journal of GlobalScholars of Marketing Science: Bridging Asia and the World (JGSMS) andEmerald PublishingGroup's International Journal of Tourism Cities (IJTC). Anumber of selected high-impact full text papers may be considered for thepublication in these journals. Submitted papers must not be under considerationby any other journal for publication. The final decision for paper selectionwill be made based on peer review reports by the Guest Editors and theEditor-in-Chief of journals jointly. Selected full length papers will also beconsidered for publication in the ISBN numbered volume to be published afterthe event from an International Publisher.

Registration Fees*

 Indian  Delegates

  |  Before

 31-12- 2017

  |  After

 31-12- 2017

|  Participants from Academic Institutes / Research Bodies

  |  Rs. 2500/-

  |  Rs. 3000/-

|  Research Scholars and Students

  |  Rs. 1500/-

  |  Rs. 2000/-

|  Participants from Industry / government organization

  |  Rs. 2500/-

  |  Rs. 3000/-

|  Accompanying person

  |  Rs. 1500/-

  |  Rs. 2000/-

 Foreign Delegates

  |  Participants from Academic Institutes / Research Bodies

  |  US$ 150/-

  |  US$ 175/-

|  Research Scholars and Students

  |  US$ 100/-

  |  US$ 125/-

|  Participants from Industry

  |  US$ 150/-

  |  US$ 175/-

|  Accompanying person

  |  US$ 100/-

  |  US$ 125/-

|  Local Delegates

  |  Rs. 1000/-

  |  Rs.1500/-

 *The registration fee will include the conferencematerials, access to all sessions, official breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea andsnacks etc. The participants will be accommodated in the limited number ofrooms in the university guest house on twin sharing / first come first servebasis from March 14, 2018 to March14, 2018 (03 Nights).

Important Dates and Deadlines

|  Deadline for submission of abstracts (about 500 words)

  |  :        December 15, 2017

|  Notice of acceptance

  |  :        December 20, 2017

|  Deadline for submission of full papers (about 5,0 00-6,000 words)

  |  :        February 15, 2018

|  Last Date of submission of registration fee

  |  :        February 28, 2018

For allenquiries, please contact:

Dr. Saurabh Kumar Dixit, STHMCONCHAIR

Department of Tourism & HotelManagement

North - Eastern Hill University

Shillong, Meghalaya (India)

Email: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Website: http://www.sthmcon.online

Mobile: +91-9436565964,+91-7005690748 With Regards,

Dr. Saurabh Kumar Dixit
Associate Professor,
Department of Tourism & Hotel Management,
North - Eastern Hill University, Shillong - 793022 (INDIA)
Tel: +919436565964 (M), +917005690748 (M)
Email: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Website: www.nehu.ac.in
http://nehu.ac.in/faculty/display/66

Routledge Featured Author:
https://www.routledge.com/authors/i15903-saurabh-dixit

Recent Publication: The Routledge Handbook of Consumer Behaviour in Hospitality and Tourism (2017) Website: https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Handbook-of-Consumer-Behaviour-in-Hospitality-and-Tourism/Dixit/p/book/9781138961678

Editing: The Routledge Handbook of Gastronomic Tourism to be published in late 2018

Guest Editor: Special Issue of Taylor and Francis Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science: Bridging Asia and the World (JGSMS) on “Consumer Behavior in Hospitality and Tourism” Website: http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/bes/jgsms-sp-iss4?utm_source=CPB&utm_medium=cms&utm_campaign=JMH01897

Conference Chair: International Conference on Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Marketing: Setting Agenda for Future Research (STHMCON - 2018) Conference Website: http://www.sthmcon.online