Dear SPM creators,

I've been using the Longitudinal Registration tool for two projects over the past couple of years.

The outputs have been very good- however the first time round I had to fail a fair few scans because of noisy Jacobians. This was using the SPM 12-beta version.

The most recent longitudinal registration, run using the SPM 12 version, was much more successful- there were no noisy Jacobian outputs at all.

I was wondering whether there's been any changes to the Longitudinal Registration algorithm from 12beta to 12 versions? If not the success of the registration could otherwise be down to the smoothness of the data- (the second registration was run on a different cohort with a higher scanner strength accelerated scan protocol).

Thanks very much,

Cassy Fiford

PhD student, Dementia Research Centre, University College London.