This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Hello everyone

We are busy peer reviewing the social history collections at Nottingham City Museums and Galleries and I am struggling to find someone to cover domestic interiors and domestic life.  We have around 4,000 objects that cover furniture, cooking equipment, housekeeping, gardening, sanitation, lighting and heating.  Most material is from C19th and C20th.

Most of our reviewers have been freelance curators, however we have paid Bristol Museums for reviewing one section for us.  Is anyone on this list interested in spending 4 days in stores in Nottingham and then writing a report based on their findings?  Travel and hotel expenses will be paid on top of a daily rate.  Reviewers need to have proven experience in the field and be able to make recommendations for collections rationalisation and future development.  A template for the report will be provided and other examples can be shown.

Any help in finding someone would be much appreciated, as we need to complete the review by March.

Thanks

Maria

Maria Richards
Curator of Community History and World Cultures
Nottingham City Museums and Galleries
0115 8761429 (direct dial)

Please note I work Tuesday to Friday.

This email is security checked and subject to the disclaimer on web-page: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/privacy-statement This message has been scanned by Exchange Online Protection.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST