Hello everyone,

Explorer Dome Midlands is recruiting!

We are looking to recruit a new presenter in the Birmingham area. Explorer Dome is a science outreach company that delivers hands-on science shows in an inflatable planetarium in schools across the UK.

Our brilliant presenters are at the heart of everything we do here at Explorer Dome. When schools book a visit from us, they expect to receive the best quality science shows from presenters who are knowledgable, highly trained, passionate about science education and, most importantly, fun!

Once trained, we pay our presenters a day rate: £70-90 per day depending on background (plus extras for long or demanding days) which increases with your range of shows and experience to £100+. Training is also paid at £60 per day, plus any extras.

We are looking for someone to join our team who:
  • Is based in Birmingham, or nearby
  • Has a genuine enthusiasm for science and for communicating science. You don't need to have a science degree, but you do need to be able to answer children's science questions (everything from "what is a black hole?" to "how does friction actually work?" and "are you a scientist?") with accuracy, confidence and in a way they are able to understand.
  • Has at least one, ideally two, days with no contact hours per week. Days typically start in school at 8am (you also need to be OK with an early start - that school may be in Nottingham!), and a full day can finish in school after 3pm.
  • Holds a full UK driving license
  • Available to work from the start of term January 2018
For more information please ask me any questions via [log in to unmask] or @jimothybell on Twitter.

--
Jim Bell, Explorer Dome Midlands
0121 679 6725

Explorer Dome Midlands is a franchise partner of Explorer Dome Limited, registered in England and Wales No. 10765879

Registered Office: Elm House, 10 Fountain Court, New Leaze, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4LA

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)