From: James Jackson-Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 4 December 2017 at 08:45:12 GMT
To: 'Coxon J.' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Awards deadline

Hi there John,

I wanted to get in touch with you because you previously expressed an interest in submitting a nomination for one of the Institute of Physics Awards. Our 2018 awards are now open for submission and we encourage you to explore making a nomination.

An IOP award provides a tremendous boost to a winner’s career and reputation. Winners receive a prestigious medal and £1000 at the IOP’s annual awards dinner. Who would you nominate for making an outstanding contribution to physics either in research, industrial application, education or outreach activities?

The IOP awards cover international, gold, silver subject and bronze early career categories. They are broad and flexible, in order to attract high-quality nominations across all research areas – including new and emerging areas. We welcome nominations that reflect and celebrate the breadth, geographic spread and diversity of our community. We particularly encourage nominations for female physicists and physicists from ethnic minorities who are often under-represented.

To explore making a nomination for an IOP award, and to see guidance and eligibility notes, please visit the IOP nomination portal.

2017 was a record-breaking year for IOP awards nominations. With your help to spread the word that our 2018 awards are now open, the reach of our awards will continue to grow and enable us to celebrate the achievements of even more members of the community.

If you would like any further information about the awards or have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

James Jackson-Ellis
Groups & Awards Officer

Institute of Physics
76 Portland Place, London W1B 1NT
Email: [log in to unmask]

Direct tel: +44 (0)20 7470 4860

Transform the future of our discipline. Invest in physics today.
Find us online at iop.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter